Top 7 Tips to create The Minimalist Bedroom
Posted on July 10 2016
Sleeping is both an art and a science. In fact, the latter has shown that sleep heals, repairs and detoxifies your body, as well as helping to build energy for the body and mind. The art of sleep lies in the sanctuary of the bedroom. It is important to eliminate all nighttime distractions, as the minimalist bedroom exists to create an aura of peace and serenity. Here are 7 of our top team tips for creating the perfect minimalist bedroom that nurtures the earth as well as humanity.
- Embrace the elegance and simplicity of white space. White is the perfect colour for a clean pristine look on the walls. Leave your walls bare or if like a splash of colour add a single print to contrast and further emphasize the serenity of the white.
- Invest in the basics where the focus is on quality not quantity. Look into your fabrics and what is behind them - find out how they were made, who made them and what's in them. Minimal bedrooms require neutral colour palettes so avoid bold patterns for your quilt covers and pillows. Look for products that reflect the natural beauty around you and ones that provide the building blocks for greening your life and home.
- Contrast with textures in your bedroom. Mix your basics with different fabrics for a luxurious feel like a knit throw or contrast cushion covers.
- Bring the outdoors in. Having plants in the bedroom purifies the air, brings in the gorgeous element of having green inside and adds the calming effects of nature to your space.
- Add an element of stone and or wood. Stone and wood are lovely decorating mediums. Even in a minimal bedroom, adding some stone and wood can bring warmth, strength and colour to the room. It could be a headboard, a statue, a candle holder or vase.
- Let there be light. Keep your window coverings simple or have none at all. This allows the room to breathe and relax and carry that complete minimalist feeling. And for the actual lighting, have an accent light like a single low hanging stone or copper pendant.
- And last of all be present in your space. Embrace the simplicity. Reflect on the serenity. Breathe in the peace. Feel the connection with nature. Surrender to the sacred in your sanctuary.
About the Author: Vinita is the Founder of Bhumi Organic Cotton and passionate about an Earth Life Balance.