If we stop and take a snapshot of what our lives look like in this instant we would see we are over scheduled, stressed, pushed to the limit, on-boarded too many responsibilities and have too many possessions. Our souls are pining, our bodies are yearning, our lives in disarray and our relationships lost in our quest to to keep up with how the world seems to be moving.
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Da Vinci
We now have technological dependence, a faster pace of living, and a desire for convenience. We need to, even if we do no want to admit it, find the time and ways to re-evaluate what is important and necessary in this one beautiful life we have to live. We have forgotten to live. We have forgotten to breathe. We have forgotten to listen. We have forgotten ourselves. We have forgotten each other. It is time to reduce the noise, slow down the pace we are travelling and simplify our lives.
“Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going to fast – you also miss the sense of where you are going and why.” — Eddie Cantor
Our Top 5 Tips To Simplify Your Life
1. Slow Down. Ease into a new way of being by slowing down your pace and stopping to smell the roses - trust me they smell divine.
2. Simplify. It is time to simplify your home and declutter what you do not need and invite in products that nurture the earth and her people not destroy them. It is time to simplify your lifestyle and with small steps embrace conscious living.
3. Spend Time Disconnected. We spend too much time plugged in which is a dangerous place to be as time waits for no-one and life will pass us by. Technology is fantastic and powerful but we need to spend some time disconnecting so that we can connect to ourselves and each other more.
4. Sense. How beautiful it feels to experience something and feel how it transforms your own energy, the air around you, the touch on your skin, the depth in your lungs. It is time to tune into the transformative effects of energy, beauty, and light of products that surround you that make you 'feel' something positive.
5. Self-Care. In all the busyness we do not even put ourselves on our daily or weekly 'Things To Do' list. It is time to nourish your body, mind, and soul to be your own best friend. It is time to listen to you and what you need and go and do that.
“In actual life, it requires the greatest art to be simple.” ― Carl Jung
About the Author: Vinita is the Founder of Bhumi Organic Cotton and passionate about an Earth Life Balance.