One of the most wonderful ways to ground your body and become one with the Earth is the yoga pose Savasana also known as the Corpse Pose. This pose brings a deep meditative state of rest perfect for letting go, restoration, repair, rejuvenation, self acceptance, finding peace, connecting with your breath and coming out of Savasana is like awakening to life, new intentions, new chapters and new perspectives of balance in life.
- Lie flat on your back and allow your body to sink into the Earth.
- Keep your arms at your side and your palms facing up and relax your body into the ground beneath you.
- Breathe deeply and slowly through the nostrils.
- Starting from your head through to your feet, consciously relax each part of the body.
- Let all of your tension, stress, thoughts, fears and worry fall away from you on each exhale.
- In addition to quieting the physical body, it’s also necessary to pacify the sense organs. Soften the root of the tongue, the wings of the nose, the channels of the inner ears, and the skin of the forehead, especially around the bridge of the nose between the eyebrows. Let the eyes sink to the back of the head, then turn them downward to gaze at the heart. Stay here for 10 minutes and feel yourself embraced by the Earth under you.
- To exit Savasana, keep your eyes shut and first roll gently with an exhalation onto your right side. Take 2 deep breaths. With another exhalation press your hands against the floor and lift your torso, dragging your head up slowly after. Keep your eyes closed and start to become aware of your surroundings and embrace the moment of your eyes opening to a new start to Life.
What are some of your tips? Share in the comments section below.
Image from yogamangala.blogspot.com.
About the Author: Vinita is the Founder of Bhumi Organic Cotton and passionate about an Earth Life Balance.